Pages

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Fabricating scaricty and generating violence

Why is that weeding is an endless job?  I have a garden that is growing and I can't keep up with the weeds, the invasives.  I need help, I recruit volunteers, we weed and it looks great for a while.  I'm happy cause the garden looks good, all clean, no weeds.  I tend to my garden and catch one of those nasty weeds popping up and get'em.  Then I leave for a couple weeks and come back and their all back even worse than before I recruited my volunteers, so I recruit some more.  One day, several years ago, I climbed to the top of the highest hill in Tijuana, El Cerro Colorado.  There were no people around and I looked at the plants, they were all native plants, no weeds.  How is that possible, I thought, no one weeds here?  How is that we spend hours and hours weeding my garden and never finish and yet here, there are no weeders and no weeds?

Why is it that stopping terrorists is a never ending job? If we have helicopteres and border walls and jet skis and armed guards with flack jackets and helmets and guns in vehicles that are stationed and roaming back and forth along a high speed corridor that cuts through the contours of a borderless sacred land.  Why is it that as the war on terror has created ever more sophisticated equipment to find and route out terrorists has increased so has terrorism?  Why is it that when I go to Mexico, they don't have this protection that hovers around open lands vigilant to any danger and yet there are no Islamic extremists or anyone wanting to bomb their sky scrapers?  Why are the only so-called terrorists in Mexico the ones who fight against the armed militia trained at the institute of the americas?  Why is it that the only time people terrorize other people in Mexico is when plan Mérida is implemented to create war machines to protect its people?


Why is it that when I plant brocoli, it grows and grows and when it's all out the leaves continue to grow and no matter how much a lady harvests for her children the leaves keep coming back, in fact the more she harvests, the more they come back?  Why is it that when there are fields of monoculture it some how is finite and runs out at the grocery store?  Could it be that we fabricate scaricty and generate violence?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers