Pages

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Beach thought

If I had a ladder, I would lean it on the light of the stars, climb over the sea, and hang from the moon, glimmering in the night.

If I had a rope I would lasso the sun and climb up through an opening in the clouds to lay on the songs of birds.

If I were an indigenous plant, I would grow dark green in the shadow of a menacing barrier and reach through the lines of sunlit cracks to bloom yellow petals and a brown stigma on the other side.

If I were a kite, I would tie my string down to my mother's womb and soar above the divide to find myself in the sky.

If I could live as long as a rock, I would tell the story of how I burst out of middle earth in a fiery passion that lasted a human lifetime only to cool down, solidify, and observe millions of years of experiences that could only be explained in irrational dreams.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers